With over 70 million dads in the world, over 50 ways to say dad, and one billion Instagram users, you can rest assured that ideas for Father’s Day Instagram captions are in high demand.
But Father’s Day is different for every business audience—and on an individual level it can vary from joyful to painful. So here are over 40 Father’s Day Instagram captions that range from witty and playful to serious and factual, plus pre-made posts you can save and publish in just a few taps!
Table of contents
Father’s Day Instagram posts
Throughout the post, you’ll find pre-made Father’s Day images sized just right for Instagram (1080 x 1080). You can save them right off this post, or you can customize them in Canva using this link.
Inclusive Father’s Day Instagram captions
These captions will help you to celebrate while staying respectful, in the name of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- To the fathers, grandfathers, great-grandfathers, godfathers step-fathers, father figures, and fathers-to-be: we celebrate you today and thank you for the mentorship, love, and guidance you’ve provided.
- Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there—whether you’re a dad or like a dad. Your love is the greatest and most precious gift in the world 🎁
- While we wish all the dads out there a happy Father’s Day, we also extend our support to those without fathers or father figures and to dads who have lost a child.
- Happy Father’s Day to all the great fathers and father figures out there! And to those of you who are struggling to put on a smile today, we see you too. ❤
- To the fathers, dads, daddies, pops, papas, vaders, peders, pais, tads, abbas, babas, ates, vaters, pita-jis, pabbis, paks, babbos, otosans, padres, baathairs, buwas, tatas…we wish you a great day!
- Not all dads wear suits, watch football, or are obsessed with grilling or power tools (although there’s nothing wrong with those things!). Let’s keep our perspectives open today—comment on this post and tell us about your dad!
- Happy Father’s Day not only to all the dads on earth, but also all the dads in heaven. Sending lots of love on this day.
- On this Father’s Day, to dads, granddads, stepdads, foster dads, dads in heaven, future dads, bereaved dads, and dad figures: we’re thinking of you.
Sweet Father’s Day Instagram captions
Use these captions in your social media marketing to celebrate the dads in your life and/or in your audience.
- Happy Father’s Day, dads! Thank you for all the sacrifices you make for your families and the joy you bring to our lives.
- I’ve learned so much from you over the years Dad, thanks for being the role model you are and shaping me into the person I am today. Happy Father’s Day.
- We don’t say it enough, so say it extra today: Thank you for everything, dads.
- Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.
- A dad is someone who wants to catch you when you fall. Instead he picks you up, brushes you off and lets you try again.
- Life doesn’t come with a manual…it comes with a father.
- Wishing you a day that feels like [something they love].
- Because of your love and support, I’m a badass. Thank you Dad.
- We ❤ our dad customers!
Funny Father’s Day Instagram captions
- Happy Father’s Day, Dad. You may not know everything but you sure had me fooled for quite a few years.
- I smile because you are my father…and I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it.
- Forever grateful you still love me even after [all those times you did X] in high school.
- I love this guy more than he loves his [favorite thing here]. And that’s a lot.
- I hope this Father’s Day is as good as your life was before kids.
- On Father’s Day, let’s review the most important lesson I learned from my dad: [something funny/witty]. What’s yours?
- Dads are the only ones who can____ // Happy Father’s Day to the only person who can _____.
- Happy Father’s Day To the first person I call when ____.
- D.A.D: Delay And Doze
- “There should be a children’s song: ‘If you’re happy and you know it, keep it to yourself and let your dad sleep.’” – Jim Gaffigan
- Cold one? Cracked. New balances? Fresh out of the box. Grill? Heating up🔥 Happy Father’s Day!
- Beer + white socks and sneakers + jorts + chair nap = the perfect Father’s Day
- Cheers and beers! Father’s Day is here🍻
Factual Father’s Day Instagram captions
- The first statewide Father’s Day celebration was in 1910 in Washington. Sonora Smart Dodd wanted to honor her father who raised six children on his own after his wife died during childbirth. To the single fathers out there
- Roses used to be a tradition on Father’s day, red roses for the living and white for the deceased.
- Father’s Day wasn’t recognized as a national holiday until 1972.
- While the percentage of moms who are stay-at-home moms has remained stable, the percentage of stay-at-home dads has been rising slowly, from 4% in 1989 to 7% in 2016.
- 60% of men over the age of 15 in the United States are biological, step, or adopted fathers.
- Father’s Day is the fifth-largest card-sending occasion in America!
- Only 50% of all Father’s Day cards are purchased for dads! People get them for friends, grandfathers, brothers, uncles, and more.
Father’s Day quotes for Instagram
- “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” – Unknown
- “In the darkest days, when I feel inadequate, unloved and unworthy, I remember whose daughter I am, and I straighten my crown.” – Unknown
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
- “The best fathers have the softest, sweetest hearts. In other words, great dads are real marshmallows.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad.” – Anne Geddes
- “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland
- “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.” – Umberto Eco
- “There will always be a few people who have the courage to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father.” – Alison Lohman
- “A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.” – Unknown
- “I’ve said it before, but it’s absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future.” – Liza Minelli
- “No man stands taller than when he stoops to help a child.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.” – William Shakespeare
Words to use in your Father’s Day Instagram captions
If you want to be fully authentic, build your own Instagram caption with these words to describe fathers:
- Free spirit
Want more captions?
For Instagram caption ideas for other holidays and occasions, we’ve got plenty:
And for even more ideas, hop on over to LocaliQ’s Happy Father’s Day social media ideas and templates.